Based on 2 Users
There are no grade distributions available for this professor yet.
Sorry, no enrollment data is available.
Nonlinear differentials would be a pretty intimidating subject most of the time but Professor Brooks is so helpful and engaging that it ended up being my favorite class that I've taken out of the math department. It was so refreshing to really feel that a math prof cared about student learning and engagement.
The homeworks are a little time consuming, but Strogatz is a great text for the subject (I use it all the time when I'm working on difficult nonlinear physics problems). The exams aren't too difficult if you study before, and she tells you exactly what to study.
This class was really cool because I actulaly got to know a lot of my classmates, and the class itself was really interdisciplinary. We had all different majors in our class, and Prof Brooks made sure to pull examples and problems from a bunch of different fields.
Take this class!!!
Best Professor I had in fall quarter.
- clear and engaging
- friendly and approachable, even if you make really stupid mistakes
- caters to students of all levels
- always explains the motivation behind mathematical concepts so you always know why you're learning what you're learning
- 10% of the class was just attending lectures and writing a question on a sticky note
- got students to work together in groups which was fun